7/5/2015 11:55:00 PM
Atlantis Eyecare is a highly successful and growing ophthalmic practice looking for an experienced ophthalmic technician to join our outstanding primary eyecare team. This position is to partner with our new cornea specialist coming on board in September. The position is full time with highly competitive pay, great benefits and a generous retirement plan.
Looking for an optometric technician with minimum 2 years experience of recent clinical experience with working optometry or ophthalmology primary eyecare.
· Associate or Bachelor degree, or graduation in accredited school of ophthalmic assisting.
· At least 2-3 years experience in ophthalmology back office /technician and ability to multitask and work in fast paced environment. Cornea, Glaucoma, Cataracts, Dry Eye experience.
· Bilingual in spanish recommended
· Reliable transportation and willing to travel to several locations if needed throughout Los Angeles County and some of Orange County (Long Beach, South Bay, North Orange County)
· Strong computer/typing skills (>50 wpm), has experience in Electronic Health Record (EHR)
· Strong personable skills and able to communicate effectively
· Strong multitasking skills
· Scribing experience
· Experience in accurately performing Humphrey Visual Field, OCT scans, A-scans, Corneal Topography, amsler grid, color testing and additional diagnostic testing
· COA, COT recommended, but not mandatory
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Great patient rapport, customer service skills and team player primary goal
· Able to take instructions well and gain additional skills/knowledge
· Follows company procedures and policies, reports to technician supervisor and director
· Explain to patient clearly expectations with work up and exam with doctor
· Detailed and complete patient history taking in timely manner
· Understands how to prioritize and maintain efficient patient/doctor workflow
· Accurate pre-testing according to office policy and procedure
· Triaging phone calls, refilling prescriptions - back office procedures
· Helps maintain back office inventory, supplies
· Assist in minor procedures, prepare patients for laser additional procedures (blepharoplasty , injections, YAG, SLT)
· LASIK experience is a plus
· Patient education and ensures appropriate documentation in chart.
· Cross training in back and front office procedures
· Ophthalmic Technician: 2 years
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/ophthalmic-technician-torrance-ca-7894
See more Ophthalmology Jobs, Optometry Jobs, and Optical Jobs at www.localeyesite.com
>>> Back to Jobs listing