1/26/2015 11:45:00 PM
Hourly - Depending upon experience
"As Medical Director and CEO of La Jolla LASIK Institute, I am seeking an Ophthalmic Technician to work in my San Diego office. My ideal candidate will be efficient, resourceful, intellectually curious, a multi-tasker, and detail-oriented. The accuracy, efficiency, and professionalism of the Technician’s effort will be a vital factor in our performance. Our practice is fast-paced and fast-growing and requires a high level of professional maturity. This is a great opportunity for someone to take on increased autonomy and responsibility.” Angela Nahl, MD, CEO
This position provides clinical, operational, and administrative support to the Medical Director and the practice. Accuracy, diligence, and attitude are very important in every aspect of the position.
The Ophthalmic Technician is responsible for all aspects of clinical testing, stocking and running an efficient clinic, and diagnostic pattern recognition. The ideal candidate will be accountable in all areas of work effort (no short cuts), will anticipate patient and physician needs, and will always remain a step ahead.
- Performs all aspects of refractive and cataract patient care from consultation to surgery day to postoperative exams.
- Prepares and maintains patient records, including preparation of charts for surgery day on a daily basis.
- Inputs patient preoperative exams and surgical outcomes into our outcomes database on a daily basis.
- Collaborates with physician in nomogram interpretation
- Orders and stocks all clinical supplies, anticipates needs, stays ahead of inventory
- Measures visual acuities near and far, corrected and uncorrected
- Takes patient histories
- Examines eye, using slit lamp, for abnormalities of cornea, and anterior and posterior chambers.
- Applies drops to anesthetize, dilate, or medicate eyes.
- Measures intraocular pressure of eyes by Goldman applanation and TonoPen.
- Performs patient testing including but not limited to corneal topography, pachymetry, keratometry, A-scan, IOL master, visual field, and OCT
- Performs other tests and measurements as requested by physician.
- Provides instructions to patients concerning eye care. Is comfortable giving instructions in dry eye, lid scrubs, postoperative instructions, post surgical care, and other.
- Builds an integrated patient schedule to ensure appropriate patient flow at all times.
- Performs tests necessary to assist Medical Director in diagnosing and treating eye disorders and disease.
- Gives suggestions and input to Medical Director for increased efficiency and effectiveness of the clinic and the practice.
- Performs clinical research (with possibility of publication) and special projects as required.
- 7-20 years of experience in taking patient histories, visual acuity, spectacle measurement, refraction for near and far, corneal topography, corneal pachymetry, A-scan or IOL master, keratometry, near point accommodation & convergence, Goldman and TonoPen tonometry, and visual field testing.
- Refractive practice and cataract practice experience
- Knowledge of proper sterile and safety procedures in a clinic setting
- Knowledge of patient confidentiality regulations in accordance with State and Clinical guidelines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of professional staff and patients with tact and diplomacy. Seeks to build relationships.
- Strong, tireless work ethic
- Passion about medicine, private practice, and a positive attitude
- Composed, pleasant and professional manner when interacting with patients and colleagues
- Valid Ophthalmic Assistant certification through JCAHPO, C.O.A. or C.O.T. level is a plus
- 2 years of refractive practice experience a plus
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/ophthalmic-technician-la-jolla-ca-7645
See more Ophthalmology Jobs, Optometry Jobs, and Optical Jobs at www.localeyesite.com
>>> Back to Jobs listing
If you are an enthusiastic hard-worker up for a challenge and would like to join a dynamic, growing medical practice, please apply directly at https://lajollalasik.hireology.com/careers?id=17712#17712