1/26/2015 11:45:00 PM
$40,000 - $44,000
ILLINOIS COLLEGE OF OPTOMETRY
ILLINOIS EYE INSTITUTE
The Illinois Eye Institute seeks a qualified Ophthalmic Assistant/Technician to assist doctors in the medical and surgical care of patients. The ideal candidate will have responsibilities related to patient care and to surgical coordinating.
LEVEL: Exempt (40 hours/week)
Salary: $40,000-44,000 + Benefits. Salary Commensurate with Experience
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Associate Chief of Staff at the Illinois Eye Institute
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Promptly and professionally assists the doctor in patient care.
Coordination of surgery
Understanding of general medical terminology
· Proficient in performing technical ophthalmic workup including, but not limited to the following:
· Case History
· Visual Acuity
· Applanation Tonometry
· Visual Fields
· Ocular motility
· Pupil Exams
· Blood pressure
· Experience with diagnostic testing is preferred:
· IOL Master / A-scans
· Fundus photography
Returning phone calls to patients and pharmacies in a timely manner.
· Demonstrates dedication to enhancing customer service by serving as a role model in delivering quality customer service
· Seeks feedback on services from patients and department staff, integrating ideas and suggestions for improvement
· Other job related duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Minimum: Certificate for eye care assistant/technician or 2 years’ minimum experience working in an ophthalmology practice
· Preferred: JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic Assistant or combination of education and working experience
· Preferred: JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic Technician
· Strong Computer skills, work experience with Electronic Health Record preferred
· Thorough understanding of ophthalmic practice and patient care.
· Knowledge of medical instrumentation and its proper care and usage needed.
· Ability to assess common safety hazards and take precautions to establish a safe work environment required
· Expert organizational skills
· Ability to maintain professional attitude with patients, staff, students and faculty
· Two years of college of equivalent experience or skills
· Ability to meet deadlines regardless of circumstances or pressures
· Effective communication skills
· Attendance must be in accordance with College policy
· Maturity in judgment and demeanor
· Requires the ability to handle numerous tasks with speed and efficiency
The Illinois College of Optometry and the Illinois Eye Institute has no contract or implied contract with its employees concerning the terms and conditions of employment. The Illinois College of Optometry and the Illinois Eye Institute and its employees each have the right to terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice and no officer or employee of Illinois College of Optometry or Illinois Eye Institute has the authority to alter or amend this expressed policy except the President, who is authorized to alter or amend this expressed policy only in writing. Termination issues regarding faculty are governed by the Faculty Handbook.
We are an EEO Employer
Please submit a cover letter referencing this position along with your resume to:
Illinois College of Optometry/Illinois Eye Institute
3241 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60616
No phone calls, please.
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/ophthalmic-technician-assistant-chicago-il-6995
See more Ophthalmology Jobs, Optometry Jobs, and Optical Jobs at www.localeyesite.com
>>> Back to Jobs listing