1/18/2016 6:43:00 PM
~~SUMMARY: The optician will provide the highest standards and professional services to our patients. Present the optical product or service with enthusiasm. Provide proper instructions on use and care of eyewear products dispensed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide prompt, courteous and professional service.
• Establish and maintain excellent customer service.
• Giving advice to patients on lens type, frames and styling.
• With further training, fitting contact lenses and giving advice on their care and use.
• Taking frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning.
• Advising partially sighted patients on the use of low vision aids.
• Advising patients when adjustments or repairs to spectacles are needed.
• Ordering lenses from prescription houses.
•Interpreting optical prescriptions written by optometrists or ophthalmologists.
•Checking lenses on delivery to ensure that they meet the required specifications
• Perform repairs, adjustments, and delivery of eyewear.
• Service planogram daily to ensure displays are orderly, clean, and stocked.
• Maintain professional relationship with Ophthalmologists and Optometrists in the practice.
• Complete all tasks as assigned by Managing Optician.
• Prepare and submit orders for inventory replenishment
• Conduct billing and posting functions
• Conduct eyeglasses’ checks
• Prepare daily sales – close-out report
• Prepare weekly sales summary
• Maintain requisite computer skills for performing assigned tasks
• Knowledge in fitting eyeglasses and contact lenses
• Evaluate eyeglasses and perform certain repairs.
• Advise and fit eyeglasses to patients needs.
• ABO certified
• High School graduate.
• Experience in Optical shop, and or wholesale company.
• Dispensed eyewear- retail.
• Fits eyeglasses with high standards.
• Listens to patients needs.
• Uses the Ansi-Standards for checking eyeglasses.
• Maintenance of Optical shop.
• Works with managing optician in all phases of operation.
• Completes all duties assigned.
• Works with technicians in clinic to help understand any changes in the industry.
• Opticians will be able to fit, process, and evaluate all eyewear.
• Proficient in use of EMR
• Be able to perform all tasks with very little supervision.
• Maintains and keeps managing optician informed of daily operation.
• Maintains good relationship with Managing Optician and staff.
• Maintains positive focus on customer service.
• Reports to work as scheduled.
• Flexibility in scheduling.
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/optician-0118-el-segundo-ca-6794
See more Ophthalmology Jobs, Optometry Jobs, and Optical Jobs at www.localeyesite.com
>>> Back to Jobs listing
• Takes on additional responsibilities.
• Stays in-tune to changes in industry.
• Maintains continuing education credits for ABOC.