5/24/2016 4:38:00 PM
Semel Vision Care is a PRIVATE OPHTHALMOLOGY practice looking for a dynamic, professional optician to join our team! OUR PRACTICE IS located in beautiful El Segundo, California, a business friendly environmentally conscious beach community with wonderfully friendly patients.
Due to the small size of our practice ,OUR OUTSTANDING STAFF, AND FRIENDLY CULTURE, we are looking FOR A LIKE MINDED INDIVIDUAL with initiative, professionalism, and pride in their work.
To join our great team, you will ideally have prior experience in a medical environment, superior customer service skills, and high proficiency with computer skills.
SOME OF THE TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Provide prompt, courteous and professional service.
• Establish and maintain excellent customer service.
• Giving advice to patients on lens type, frames and styling.
• With further training, fitting contact lenses and giving advice on their care and use.
• Taking frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning.
• Advising partially sighted patients on the use of low vision aids.
• Advising patients when adjustments or repairs to spectacles are needed.
• Ordering lenses from prescription houses.
•Interpreting optical prescriptions written by optometrists or ophthalmologists.
•Checking lenses on delivery to ensure that they meet the required specifications
• Perform repairs, adjustments, and delivery of eyewear.
• Service planogram daily to ensure displays are orderly, clean, and stocked.
• Maintain professional relationship with Ophthalmologists and Optometrists in the practice.
• Complete all tasks as assigned by Managing Optician.
• Prepare and submit orders for inventory replenishment
• Conduct billing and posting functions
• Conduct eyeglasses’ checks
• Prepare daily sales – close-out report
• Prepare weekly sales summary
• Maintain requisite computer skills for performing assigned tasks
• ABO certified
• High School graduate.
• Experience in Optical shop, and or wholesale company.
• Dispensed eyewear- retail.
• Opticians will be able to fit, process, and evaluate all eyewear.
• Proficient in use of EMR
Benefits include basic health insurance, sick days, PTO after probationary period.
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/optician-0524-el-segundo-ca-6794
See more Ophthalmology Jobs, Optometry Jobs, and Optical Jobs at www.localeyesite.com
>>> Back to Jobs listing