5/2/2016 11:45:00 PM
We are an Ophthalmology practice in Harford County, Maryland seeking an experienced, full-time Ophthalmic Technician.
• Perform comprehensive work-ups on three patients or more per hour. Work-up tasks will include:
• Visual acuity with & without pinhole
• Manual lensometry
• Confrontation visual fields
• Stereo testing
• Evaluation of motility
• Pupillary function tests
• Color plates
• Applanation tonometry
• Schirmer’s testing
• Refractometry (Auto and Manual)
• Brightness Acuity Testing
• Angle assessment
• Dilation of pupils
• Visual field testing
• Optic nerve scanning (i.e. OCT, HRT)
• Corneal topography
• Fundus photography
• Manual keratometry
• Immersion A-scan
• IOL Master
• Maintain cleanliness in exam and procedure rooms.
• Maintain appropriate supply levels in exam and procedure rooms.
• Provide telephone support regarding ocular emergencies, prescription refills, and patient care questions.
• Instrument care and maintenance
Essential Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
• Must be detail-oriented, self-starter, team player, professional, dedicated and motivated.
• Must be accurate and consistent with documentation.
• Ability to maintain patient flow.
• Demonstrated computer literacy.
• Empathetic personality with concern for patients’ needs.
• High School diploma - some college helpful but not required.
• JCAHPO Certification helpful but not required - some Ophthalmic training provided.
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/ophthalmic-technician-0502-bel-air-md-6017
See more Ophthalmology Jobs, Optometry Jobs, and Optical Jobs at www.localeyesite.com
>>> Back to Jobs listing
• Must be able to walk, sit and stand for eight (8) hours.
• Must be able to type or write legibly in a dimly-lit setting.
• Must be able to hear softly spoken words.
• Must be able to assist wheelchair bound patients from the wheelchair to the examination chairs and back.
• Must have the manual dexterity to operate delicate ophthalmic equipment.